not opensolaris, but same error.
I am hitting the same error in the global zone on a T2000 with Solaris 10 1/06
s10s_u1wos_19a.

the user logs in and after MOTD gets this:
NFS compound failed for server na3.our.domain: error 2 (RPC: Can't decode
result)

logging in again i dont get the error.
waiting for the mounts to go away, i try again and the error returns.

I wait, tickle each mountpoint individually, and no error.

the NFS server is a NetworkAppliance and the sol10 boxes are all using the
default of NFSv4

(NOTE:: the OP must have CC: so many formums. I am just replying)