Hi!

I've been wondering how to figure out which remote clients are mounting NFS
exports from my server. It seems that "/etc/rmtab" contains some of this
information, but since we use automountd with direct maps and so forth, we end
up with a lot of information in that file that doesn't appear valid anymore.
Hosts long gone etc.

I'd like to be able to figure out which hosts have a mount on my NFS server at
any given time, not which clients have at one point or other mounted a file
system and possibly has relinquished the mount long ago. In fact, I'd like to
be able to tell the same for remote NIS bindings from my NIS server as well.

How can I most reliably get this kind of data?

Thanks!

-Alex