On 7/17/06, Adam Leventhal <ahl at eng.sun.com> wrote:
> Hey James,
>
> Have you been able to reproduce this consistently? The problem appears for
> me only from time and time, and I haven't been able to identify any patterns
> to be able to reproduce it reliably.
>
> Adam

Yes with Linux on the client side its readily reproducable. Every time
I mount a zfs filesystem via NFS,  .zfs/snapshot is empty. I have
triend running   find .zfs/snapshot   and it gives no results, even
though at least one snapshot exists.

user2 at debian:~$ find .zfs/snapshot
.zfs/snapshot
.zfs/snapshot/at_creation
user2 at debian:~$ find .zfs/snapshot -name README
user2 at debian:~$

now if i force linux to read all the files on the filesystem, then it
works as expected.

user2 at debian:~$ ls -R .zfs/snapshot > /dev/null
user2 at debian:~$ find .zfs/snapshot -name README
.zfs/snapshot/at_creation/README
user2 at debian:~$

James Dickens
uadmin.blogspot.com