On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 09:31:43PM +0200, Roland Mainz wrote:
> BTW: Does the Solaris NFSv4 client support volatile filehandles ?

Supporting volatile FHs should be easy to do since recovering from a
stale volatile FH is like NFSv4 recovery in general, only for a single
FH.  So the code should mostly be there already.

> > The Solaris NFSv4 server does not support volatile filehandles.
>
> Is there a bugid for this ?

[Actually, I could have been wrong about that.]

Not that I know of, but I wouldn't be one to know.  A quick search
doesn't yield obvious CRs; I'd have to look more carefully, but I'll
leave it to those more likely to know.