Jan Kryl wrote:
> Doug, this is a gentle reminder to review the fix below.
> I need to get this to build 135. If you can't make it
> then let me know.
>
> thanks
> jan
>

> On 18/02/10 15:13 +0100, Jan Kryl wrote:
>
>> Hi Doug,
>>
>> could you review a fix related to utf-8 fix, which you
>> have reviewed two weeks ago? The former fix fixed the
>> issue for file names with non-utf8 byte sequences. This
>> fix fixes the same problem for directories, symlinks and
>> special files.
>>
>> webrev: http://cr.opensolaris.org/~jkryl/nfs-utf8-dir/
>>
>> thanks
>> jan

The CR comments need to be edited with hg reci. The
second line is not legal.

I think you need to file a bug to make the error handling
occur at the end of the function, in one place. I'm okay
with this change keeping things in place, but in general,
if you have this all over the place:

1639                 if (name != nm)
1640                         kmem_free(name, MAXPATHLEN + 1);
1641                 kmem_free(nm, len);
1642                 nfs4_ntov_table_free(&ntov, &sarg);
1643                 resp->attrset = 0;

then in can occur in one place and we reduce both
clutter and increase legibility.

And instead of making sure that everyone cuts and pastes
the cleanup, we just direct them to one target.

==

4270                          * System V defines rmdir to return EEXIST,
4271                          * not * ENOTEMPTY, if the directory is not

Looks like someone else reformatted the comments. Can you
remove the extra '*'?

=====

I find "nm" and "name" to not be that enlightening. It seems like
several of the calls you fixed would have been more obviously
incorrect if the variable names were not so close.

Again, though, I'm not making this a requirement - just food
for thought for making this code easier to maintain.

====

All-in-all, please fix the comment and then you are okay.