> Meghana Madhusudhan [mmadh...@redhat.com] wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The latest tag has an error in CMakeLists.txt, cmake
> > -DUSE_FSAL_GLUSTER=ON -DCURSES_LIBRARY=/usr/lib64
> > -DCURSES_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/include/ncurses
> > -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Maintainer -DUSE_DBUS=ON /root/nfs-
> ganesha/src/
> > CMake Error: Error in cmake code at
> > /root/nfs-ganesha/src/CMakeLists.txt:1310:
> > Parse error.  Function missing ending ")".  End of file reached.
> >

> > This is due to a typo in line 38 of /src/CMakeLists.txt. The diff is
> > pasted here,
> >
> > -set(GANESHA_EXTRA_VERSION -dev-3
> > +set(GANESHA_EXTRA_VERSION -dev-3)
>
> Looks like we have a process issue here. How come this wasn't detected
> prior this making it there!

The problem is that I do this stuff AFTER all the testing (because I can't
tag etc. until all the testing is done in case I need to unstage something).
I will add a make install to my manual script, but the process problem
ultimately is a finicky set of manual steps. Any manual process with more
than two or three steps is prone to messing up.

The manual steps in as detailed as I can remember to putting out weekly
release:

"download" each set of related patches from gerrithub
Rebase each on top of next and merge (to simulate cherrypick)
scripts/pycheckpatch -a V2.3-dev-2..
make install
Run pynfs nfs4.0
Run pynfs nfs4.1
Maybe run cthon04 on nfs3 (bad boy Frank, I rarely run this)
Maybe run cthon04 on nfs4 (even worse I almost never run this)
Maybe run cthon04 on nfs4.1 (or this...)
Edit CMakeLists.txt to indicate latest build is dev-3
make install (I haven't been doing this but obviously I need to)
git commit --author "Frank S. Filz <ffilz...@mindspring.com>" --signoff -a
type V2.3-dev-3 (or whatever) as commit message
git log --pretty=format:"%h %an %s" V2.3-dev-2..
Use that to type up commit message for signed tag, remembering to type
V2.3-dev-3 into that too...
That message gets typed into the file ../../2.2-dev-tag so I can easily use
it later in typing up the release announcement message
su ffilz /home/ffilz/bin/tag_release -f V2.3-dev-3
git push https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha.git next
git push https://github.com/nfs-ganesha/nfs-ganesha.git V2.3-dev-3
git push gerrit next
git push origin next
git fetch ganesha (to update this local repo with the nfs-ganesha next)
echo Announce Push of V2.3-dev-3 ; echo ; echo Branch next ; echo ; echo -n
Tag: ; cat ../../2.2-dev-tag ; echo Contents: ; echo ; git log
--pretty=format:"%h %an %s" V2.3-dev-2..
copy and paste that into the release e-mail and move the "Announce..." bit
into the subject

Some of these steps I have in my little git shortcuts file, but I have to
edit that every week to change dev-3 to dev-4 and dev-2 to dev-3...

Frank