On Do, 2017-02-23 at 14:28 +0530, Malahal Naineni wrote:
> That won't work for out of tree fsals, right? Either decouple them
> with a pointer or have a suitable macro to convert. To avoid split
> allocs, a macro would be better.
>
> Regards, Malahal.
> PS: #define GPFS_STATE2FD(state) ((struct gpfs_fd
> *)((state)+sizeof(struct state_t))) # similar for other fsal!

Didn't realize that there is support for out of tree FSALs.

But, isn't that the same thing just wrapped a little nicer  ?
I simply don't like code fragments with side-effects and I would
consider the removal of the gpfs_fd-memory by doing a free(state)
a side-effect.

However, I agree that this would already be an improvement with very
little effort.

Swen