Here are the reproduction steps:

I have 3 different servers hosting nfs client, server and KDC.
I set the ticket lifetime to 10 minutes on the client and server (in krb5.conf).
When adding a principal I used specified "-maxlife "10 minutes"
-maxrenew 2017-04-30".
I specified max_life (to 10 mins) in the kdc.conf file.
I am using machine credentials on the client (running operation as root user).

Run iozone or bonnie from 2 different clients and you should see the
issue within an hour.

The issue seems to be with the clock-skew which is set to 5 minutes by default.
The server is seeing context timeout of 15 mins while it should have
been 10 mins (taking the clock-skew into account).
Client is rejecting the server messages if the context is used for
more than 10 mins (on the server). This happens thrice and the user
operation fails.

Please let me know if you need any other details.

Thanks,
Satya.