On 6/19/17 10:47 PM, Matt Benjamin wrote:
From: "William Allen Simpson" <william.allen.simp...@gmail.com>
While I'm thinking about it, why does Ganesha call svc_reg()?  AFAICT,
that's just filling in a tree that is never used anymore.

Can I remove that code in Ganesha?  It's a pain to maintain in ntirpc.

If it's no longer effective, then eventually, sure.  Is it a substantial help
to your work?

It has some sort of memory access problem, one of these return false
sometimes (but not always) with no error message to tell me why....

        /* VARIABLES PROTECTED BY svc_lock: s, prev, svc_head */
        if (xprt->xp_netid) {
                netid = mem_strdup(xprt->xp_netid);
                flag = 1;
        } else if (nconf) {
                netid = mem_strdup(nconf->nc_netid);
                flag = 1;
        } else {
                tnconf = __rpcgettp(xprt->xp_fd);
                if (tnconf) {
                        netid = mem_strdup(tnconf->nc_netid);
                        flag = 1;
                        freenetconfigent(tnconf);
                }
        } /* must have been created with svc_raw_create */
        if ((netid == NULL) && (flag == 1))
                return (false);

That is some ugly code.  I didn't touch anything anywhere near it, so
the failure is mystifying.  Talked to DanG about it a week ago (the
12th), he said to talk to you....

Meanwhile, Ganesha actually calls this with nfs_rpc_dispatch_dummy(),
so this is never ever used for dispatch.

Register_program() also has a comment:

02526d732 (Jim Lieb              2013-10-10 20:50:47 -0700  878)
/* XXXX fix svc_register! */

So maybe a long-time problem?

Do we still need port mapping???