Hello all,

I have submitted a new patch https://review.gerrithub.io/#/c/370835/ to allow
only root users to access the dbus.In the
current dbus configuration, there are some security issues. For example, even a
non-root user can call shutdown on a
ganesha process started by root. The easiest way to fix is to allow only root
for now.

For 2.6, we can have a better solution. As I understood, the plan is to support
non-root as well in future. May be we
can have either a user group "ganesha" and we allow only these users to have
access.

The other solution would be to handle authorization in code. For example, using
api dbus_bus_get_unix_user()
[https://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/api/html/group__DBusBus.html#ga24d782c710f3d82caf1b1ed582dcf474]
 I have just started
looking into it. May be this solution is intrusive and hard to maintain. I will
research a bit more.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Supriti

------
Supriti Singh SUSE Linux GmbH, GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Graham
Norton,
HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)