ject: Re: [Nfs-ganesha-devel] mdcache growing beyond limits.

> On 8/7/17 9:42 AM, Frank Filz wrote:
> >> It never has been.  In cache_inode, a pin-ref kept it from being
> >> reaped, now any ref beyond 1 keeps it.
> >
> > Guess we need to do something about that... We need to put limits on
> state somewhere, that would take care of it mostly. We could still have some
> files in excess of high water mark due to active I/O threads, but that
> quantity
> is limited by the worker thread count.
> >
> That won't be true as the async I-O is added.  Fewer threads will handle many
> more connections.

Sure, but a given thread has at most 2 (or maybe 3) inode references. So N
workers means N*2 inodes possibly not available for reaping. Assuming high
water mark is much higher, we should be cool.

Hmm, I wonder if we need more lanes than worker threads?

Frank

---