Hi Frank,

While I was scanning through readdir code path I noticed that we do create cache entry for each of the dirent (if not present) in the chunk as part of cbk - "mdc_readdir_chunked_cb()". But there is a repetitive check right after that (in "mdcache_readdir_chunked()") to verify if all those entries exist in cache or not. Could you please clarify if that double check is necessary. Can there be any case where in we have chunk read (from FSAL or cache) but the dirents/entries are not yet cached?

Also it is followed by getattrs() call which seem to have been made unconditionally though the attributes have just been fetched as part of FSAL readdir call and are still valid. Can we add a check if the attrs are indeed expired before re-fetching them?

Thanks,
Soumya