On 2/21/18 1:59 PM, GerritHub wrote:
Jeff Layton has uploaded this change for *review*.

View Change <https://review.gerrithub.io/400871>

MainNFSD: invert _NO_PORTMAPPER option

The fact that this is a "negative" option is confusing. Change it
to a "PORTMAPPER" option, and have it default to ON.

While I vaguely agree with the former in principle, in this day and age
we really should stop using the name PORTMAPPER.  Replaced by rpcbind a
long time ago, and shouldn't be shipping with modern systems.

In ntirpc, PORTMAP is as expected the old version 2 UDP-only call.  We
should kill it.

We really shouldn't encourage folks to use a UDP system that has long
had known DDoS attacks.

And we really should be migrating from NFS 2 UDP to NFS 3 TCP, as a
minimum supported version....

Also, we have talked about adding rpcbind itself to Ganesha or ntirpc.