Hi Daniel,

What I meant is a use case where some one needs to access the same export
through NFS protocol using Ganesha server and SMB protocol using Samba
server. Both Samba and Ganesha are running on the same server. Obviously,
file can't be open by both ganesha and samba; so we need to close the open
FDs (if those are for caching). Linux provides oplock (fcntl() with
F_SETLEASE) for processes to get notification on other processes trying to
open and this can be used to synchronize with Samba.
Samba seems to support this already:
https://github.com/samba-team/samba/blob/master/source3/smbd/oplock_linux.c

Thanks,