On 3/19/2018 9:54 AM, Frank Filz wrote:
Solved.

Here's the solution in case it can help someone else.

To get a certain feature in NFS Ganesha, I had to compile the V2.6
release from source.  When configuring to compile, idmapd support got
disabled since packages were missing:

libnfsidmap-devel-0.25-17.el7.x86_64

Installed the above package and recompiled with nfsidmap support enabled
and this issue went away.  Users now show up properly off the NFS mount
on clients.

Oh, well that was a simple fix :-)

I wonder if we could make changes in our cmake files to make it easier to see
when stuff got left out due to missing packages? I've been caught out myself.

Frank

Yep, sure was an easy fix.

Wouldn't mind seeing that. Maybe even a way to find out what options went into compiling packages for each distro.

--
Cheers,
Tom K.

Living on earth is expensive, but it includes a free trip around the sun.