This list has been deprecated. Please subscribe to the new devel list at
lists.nfs-ganesha.org.
> This list has been deprecated. Please subscribe to the new devel list at
> lists.nfs-
> ganesha.org.
> So, the access check is, of course, advisory to the client.  It doesn't have
> make one at all, but can just issue the rename, and expect it to succeed or
> fail
> based on permissions.  I'm not sure why the client does an access and then
> still
> does a rename, but it ultimately doesn't matter, I think.
>
> We don't do an extra access check in the rename path, because it could race
> with a permissions change anyway.  Instead, we rely on the FSAL's
> rename() call to properly enforce permissions.  This is the way many calls
> work in
> the FSAL API, to avoid those races.
>
> Does your rename() call not enforce permissions?  Or did it somehow succeed in
> spite of that?  Were the wrong creds passed in?

Yea, while Ganesha does some permission checking itself, it MUST depend on the
FSAL and its underlying filesystem to permission check any directory
operations. This is due to the issues of making a permission check atomic with
the operation.

What kind of ACLs does your FSAL and filesystem implement? Does the filesystem
have mechanisms to enforce the ACL?

Do you set/pass the user credentials for the operations? See what FSAL_VFS and
FSAL_GLUSTER do for examples.

Frank