You should probably be sending development related questions like this one to nginx-devel@nginx.org.

Additionally, what I've learned as a developer and a Security person is that **coverity static testing issues** are not always actual *issues* that need addressed.  Without details specifically on what tests're run, and in what circumstances, etc. static code analysis is never an all-holy solution that absolutely needs everything *fixed*.

It's been stated in the past on the nginx-devel list (CC'd) that these Coverity reports, etc. are usually false-positives or non-issues and therefore don't need to be constantly sent to NGINX for their awareness.  And additionally, one should not blindly trust Coverity testing/output to be 100% accurate/correct with their analyses.

Thomas