We are pleased to announce the release of version 1.03 of the Ngram
Statistics Package. You can download this from CPAN or Sourceforge,
via links available at:

        http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse/nsp.html

This release consists of a fix for the "Divide by Zero" bug described
in the following NSP mailing list notes:

This error affected the measures x2, ll, and phi under rather extreme
circumstances that are described in the notes above.

If you have not observed these errors, this fix is not essential, but I
think in general you would want to upgrade at your earliest convenience,
since when they come those Divide by Zero errors are sort of jarring. :)

Please note that there is a small error in the release - I neglected to
make the files in the /Testing directory executable. If you would like to
run the /Testing/TEST-ALL.sh script (which I recommend you do), simply do
the following from Testing (after cd'ing into the Testing directory)

chmod -R gou+x *

That will make all the files executable and allow the scripts to run.

Finally, let me take this opportunity to remind you that the NSP
bibliography has undergone a rather extensive update lately. There is a
lot of interesting work that has made use of NSP - please make sure your
own work is properly recorded there, and check out whatever else might be
interesting to you! You can find the bibliography at:

http://www.d.umn.edu/~tpederse/nsp-bib/

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Enjoy,
Ted and Saiyam

--
Ted Pedersen