With ActiveRecord (based on NHibernate), I'd use DifferentDatabaseScope to do it. The principle is to have two sessions, one for the MsSql on one for the Firebird. You have to detach the changed objects from the first session and attach them to the other. Best approach with NH would be a repository that handles this.
-Markus 2009/3/16 caiokf <[email protected]> > > is there a way to map a class to read from one db an insert/update to > another? or do I have to create two classes? > > > ...why I want to do that ? > I'm working on a system using a Firebird db, which is used by another > 3 applications that I don't have access to the source. We also have a > SqlServer db which receives data exclusively from replication from > Firebird. For performance issues (many connected users making Firebird > very slow) we need to retrieve data only from SqlServer. > > > thanks > > > --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "nhusers" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
