I thought that the point of using a Guid in a distributed system like
this, was to maintain object identity throughout the system.  So I'm
surprised that you want to try and get a new Id value when you shift
the record into a new database.  And if you keep the ID, then I don't
think you'll have these problems with NH.

Cheers,
John