Oeps, while creating a patch for it, I noticed that in the latest
version of the source this problem is already partially solved (only
the root key is still added to the cache with Default priority instead
of NotRemovable).

But this version is intended for NH2.1.0 while I'm still on NH2.0.1.
Does anyone know where I can find the source of the NHibernateContrib
for NH2.0.1 because now I lost it. A revision number will also do I
guess.

Tolomaüs.

On 26 jun, 11:22, Tolomaüs <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although I have not yet had any reaction on my other posts (and I'm
> beginning to worry if I'm the only one using this functionality) I
> will try it once more ;-)
>
> So I'm trying to set up the second level cache with SysCache in a
> WinForms environment. My goal is to put all the referential entities
> in the second level cache (all as ReadWrite) as soon as the session
> factory is created. At the moment I have the expiration set very large
> so I don't have to worry about this yet at this point.
>
> After days and evenings of investigation, I finally found out why
> suddenly some entities are not available anymore, which causes the
> famous N+1 problem. As it turns out, I had completely overlooked the
> priority parameter of SysCache. Apparently the default value indicates
> that entities CAN be removed at will by the System.Web.Cache when
> memory is low or the entity is underused.
>
> So the problem should be solved when I set the priority to 6
> NotRemovable. Only, this is not supported by the SysCache wrapper;
> only values between 1 and 5 are allowed, all of them leaving the
> possibility that somehow entities could be removed at one point.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a reason behind this restriction, or can
> I just change the code and be confident that all will work fine?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tolomaüs.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to