2009/7/1 Fernando Zago <nan...@gmail.com>:
> I made the changes in the entity, but i don't want that nhibernate persist
> them.
> I want nhibernate to persist what is cascade="save-update".

The cascade has to do with your root having or gaining reference to
objects that are not already persisted, or that aren't "owned" by your
ISession. For example, if you load a region from the database and do
region.Country = new Country(), then cascade="save-update" will cause
NHibernate to automatically persist the Country instance, but with
cascade="none", the new Country will no be saved. However, if you
Country is already owned by an ISession, it is dirty-tracked
regardless of any references to it.

I try to follow the principle that a persisted object is a persisted
object. Don't change it if you don't want to persist the changes - at
least unless you can rollback the whole transaction or unit-of-work.

If you really have to change the Country, perhaps you could experiment
with evicting it from the session first.

/Oskar