I don't know if cache is the right terminology, but it is the best I could
think of.

I am adding an object to a conversation by calling
SessionFactory.GetCurrentSession().Save (which works), but later I need to
retrieve that object but I do not know the id  however I do know certain
attributes of the object. So I created an ICriteria to look for those
particular attributes, which works on its own for persisted objects.  Now my
problem is that when I have added the object to the cache but have not
flushed it and I later call the attribute search function it never finds the
object so it tries to create it again and then it crashes because it is
already there.  So the Save call sees the previously created entity as part
of the conversation even if it has not been persisted to the DB however the
CreateCriteria does not....this is not how I understood it to work, could
someone please clarify?

Thanks,
Josh