Take a look at section 6.8 Bidirectional Associations in the NHibernate
Reference Documentation, i think the explanation there will help you
understand:

https://www.hibernate.org/hib_docs/nhibernate/html/collections.html

-- 
Jakob Tikjøb Andersen


On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 5:11 PM, Cesar Sanz <[email protected]>wrote:

>
> To tell the truth, I don't get it..
>
> When should I use Inverse and when not??
>
> I've tried to figure it out but no luck,...
>
> besides, when I mark a relation with Inverse = true, strange things happens
> when I update or save entities.
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Nexus" <[email protected]>
> To: "nhusers" <[email protected]>
> Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2009 1:41 AM
> Subject: [nhusers] Re: Inverse attribute?
>
>
> >
> > David,
> >
> > The problem you are facing is the difference between inverse option
> > and cascading options !!!
> >
> > Specify inverse=true for each collection that you have a different
> > mapping file for, this means that when the schema gets created he
> > needs to investigate the underlying class for all constraints, fields
> > etc !!!
> >
> > Cascade is synchronisation to db behavior, inverse has nothing to do
> > with that.
> >
> > Kind regards
> >
> > On 5 aug, 15:44, Imajeep <[email protected]> wrote:
> >> I am trying to understand the 'inverse' attribute. Reading from
> >> 'NHibernate in Action' at the bottom of page 89:
> >>
> >> "By specifying inverse=true, you explicitly tell NHibernate which end
> >> of [a bidirectional association] it should synchronize with the
> >> database. In this example, you tell NHibernate that it should
> >> propagate changes made at the Bid end of the association to the
> >> database, ignoring changes made only to the bids collection. If you
> >> only call item.Bids.Add(bid), no changes are made persistent."
> >>
> >> I'm puzzled by this statement. At the top of page 90, the book says
> >> "When you instantiate a new bid and add it to an item, the bid should
> >> become persistent immediately."
> >>
> >> The two statements seem to contradict each other. What does the first
> >> statement, about ignoring changes to the bids collection, really mean?
> >> Does it mean that if I delete a Bid from the bids collection, the
> >> deletion won't be synchronized back to the database if I pass the item
> >> to ISession.SaveOrUpdate()?
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help,
> >>
> >> David Veeneman
> >> Foresight Systems
> > >
>
>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to