All,

I'm using an "ambient context" pattern where my code doesn't explictly
open or close a session. It simply adds to a repository (wrapping NH)
and when it persists the repository, the persist method writes data
out within a Transaction Scope.

The first time any code talks the repository, it will automatically
open an NH session on that thread. Similar concept to the Open Session
In View pattern.

My question is that we've started doing a lot of multi-threaded
programming so my pattern is opening sessions for each thread. I'm ok
with this as I store a session against the thread data. What I'm
concerned about is that the programmer is not explictly closing the
session. They would just finish the thread and let it get terminated
by .NET. So, what will happen to the sessions in NH? Are they
automatically garbage collected (as nothing references them as the
thread that did reference them has terminated) or does NH somehow keep
track of the session in its factory, even though it isn't being used.

Have I got a potential memory leak?

Thanks.
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to