As Raul said, it is not mandatory. Probably I was not clear enough. I
told you three ways to map it, as list, as many-to-one, OR both.

On 7 Aug., 08:38, Sachin <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Stefan
> Thanks for the reply.
> Actually my only concern is if in table A i define mapping as OneTo
> Many but in table B I dont need objects of class A then would I still
> have to define Many to One there.
>
> I had tried doing that and it doesn't create any problems but just to
> make sure if it is mandatory.
>
> On Aug 7, 11:30 am, Stefan Steinegger <[email protected]>
> wrote:
>
> > What exactly is the question? If you have a 1:M relation between two
> > tables, you can map it differently.
>
> > Lets say Table A 1=>m Table B, mapped to classes A and B.
>
> > - Map it as a collection (list / bag / set / map etc.) of class A
> > - Map it as a reference (many-to-one) in class B
> > - Map it as both, by defining the collection as inverse=true
>
> > You have to decide how your class model should look like. This is
> > actually a question of object oriented design. After you finished
> > modeling you domain classes, you know how it needs to be mapped using
> > NH.
>
> > On 7 Aug., 08:18, Sachin <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > > If I have a relation say 1:M between two tables so is it mandatory
> > > that I specify it in mappings of both of entities, as I have
> > > implemented that if I specify bag/list in mapping of class in which I
> > > require to have it specifies it and I need not specify M:1 in other
> > > class as I do not require it in other class.
>
> > > Thanks- Hide quoted text -
>
> > - Show quoted text -
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to