Hello there, im currently looking at some differences between both
ORM's and to get a good feel for both i try to query from one table
and simply drop all the data in a DataGridView.

Easy as pie right?

Now here is the different SQL's beeing generated

NHibernate:

"SELECT this_.Debiteur_ID as Debiteur1_0_0_, this_.Debiteurnaam as
Debiteur2_0_0_, this_.Entiteit_ID as Entiteit3_0_0_, this_.Sorteernaam
as Sorteern4_0_0_, this_.DatumWijziging as
DatumWij5_0_0_, this_.Actief_NeeJa as Actief6_0_0_ FROM tbl_Debiteur
this_"

Enitity Framework:

"SELECT
[Extent1].[Actief_NeeJa] AS [Actief_NeeJa],
[Extent1].[DatumWijziging] AS [DatumWijziging],
[Extent1].[Debiteur_ID] AS [Debiteur_ID],
[Extent1].[Debiteurnaam] AS [Debiteurnaam],
[Extent1].[Entiteit_ID] AS [Entiteit_ID],
[Extent1].[Sorteernaam] AS [Sorteernaam]
FROM [dbo].[tbl_Debiteur] AS [Extent1]"

Okay, so sofar EF wins in readability atleast but i dont intend to
actually look at the queries so i'm not worried.

I noticed that NHibernate was ALOT slower then EF, the reasons seemed
like a mistery to me so i ran SQL Profiler.

When i run the NHibernate project the query runs for a duration of
19369 (milliseconds)

Then i run Enitity frame work which runs for a duration of 3621
(milliseconds)

(I clear caches between the different queries)

I then run the query in SQL Management Studio, The NHibernate has a
duration of 4291 (milliseconds)
I do the same for the Enitity framework which has a duration of 4291
(milliseconds)

Can anyone explain to me these durations? mostly the NHibernate time
when running it from application code is HUGE. Eventhough the SQL is
exactly the same...