Hi Jan

If you want DiscountOrder to be a child component you can get a
reference back to its parent order by using the "parent" element
inside the "component" element. Then all you have to do is have a
property to put it in and NHibernate will do the rest. I think this is
what Fabio was eluding to.

Assuming that DiscountOrder has a property of Order that is of type
IHaveDiscounts the component mapping might look like this:

<component name="DiscountOrder " class="DiscountOrder" >
  <parent name="Order"/>
</component>

Hope that helps