I too am interested in a similar scenario where i pass base objects but then
need to access the additional properties of the subclass...i do know at
runtime what kind of subclass it is.

Sorry to hijack your question but it's pretty close to what i am after too.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of roend
Sent: 27 January 2010 14:51
To: nhusers
Subject: [nhusers] Downcasting in Table Per Class Hierarchy

Does NHibernate have a method of downcasting a table per subclass
inheritance mapping?  I'd like to insert an object into the database
with the base type and later convert it to a derived type.  I've tried
creating a new instance of the derived type and copying over all the
properties, but NHibernate gives me a NonUniqueObjectException when
trying to save.  Is there a way to do this, or am I going to have to
change my design?

Thanks,
Nathan

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.



-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to