are you sure that the performance issue is at ExecuteNonQuery ?
I'm more inclined to think that it is somewhere else as, for example, in the
dirty-check because NH will compare byte-per-byte until a difference is
found.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 9:12 AM, Juanma <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a simple entity which contains a byte[] property. I need to map
> that property to a varbinary(max) column in SQL Server, but I'm
> getting very poor perfomance.
>
> For 8MB of data, NH is spending more than 30 seconds, while the same
> operation with raw ADO.NET takes less than 2 seconds.
>
> After profiling the NH app with dotTrace, I can see that the most
> expensive operation is SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery, but I don't
> understand why the same ExecuteNonQuery is taking above 30 seconds
> with NH and 2 seconds with ADONET.
>
> I've checked with the debugger and the SqlCommand executed by NH looks
> the same than the one I'm executing with raw ADO.NET (same
> CommandText, Parameters, Parameter Types, Parameter Values, etc.)
>
> Any idea?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "nhusers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nhusers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.
>
>


-- 
Fabio Maulo

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to