"The only advantage I see would be that it gives me a little more
control over how the messages exchanged between web service and client
look."

And that's quite an advantage!

/G

2011/10/26 Markus Ewald <[email protected]>

> On Oct 25, 4:33 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > More specifically design a DataContract separate from the entity classes.
> >
>
> The only advantage I see would be that it gives me a little more
> control over how the messages exchanged between web service and client
> look.
>
> On the other hand, I would have to write tons of boilerplate code to
> copy properties from my entities to my DTOs, a process that invites
> errors, especially if I'm extending my entities (eg. adding new
> fields).
>
> But I assume you're both giving me this advice because you know more
> about web/database architecture than me. Do you have any resources I
> could follow (books, articles or example projects)? Some time ago, I
> had taken a look at S#arpArchitecture (http://
> www.sharparchitecture.net/), but didn't consider it for this project.
> Maybe that is the recommended architecture, given the name and all?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "nhusers" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to