LMAO! Now that's payback!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dennis Hammerl
  To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, January 09, 2009 10:56 PM
  Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Starting problems

        I wonder if Honda shipped defective motorcycles to France to retaliate
for Renault's and the FIM ?

        --- On Fri, 1/9/09, jean-pierre.desmoul...@wanadoo.fr

          From: jean-pierre.desmoul...@wanadoo.fr
<jean-pierre.desmoul...@wanadoo.fr>
          To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
          Date: Friday, January 9, 2009, 3:31 AM

Well, thank you for the clarification. I thought maybe this was the cause of
the trouble and taht, most NH having been sold in the USA,  we were a minority
to have this "headlamp on" problem. It's not the case,the "headlamp on" way of
riding is the common case.Here in France when you ask
 people (not Honda of course) on the bike servicing market (spare parts
sellers, junkyards), they all say "ah, a Honda CBX (nighthawk), of course you
have charging problems" ! Even a german guy, who sold a dismantled CBX told me
that, sick of searching the cause of the problem, he decided to sell his bike
for spares in order not to gull somebody else with a bike which can't be
operated normally. I'mreally amazed. I have this bike since one year. BTW, I
bought one to ride ane one for spares, and both were sold by honest owners who
said "I likeit but it doesn't charge". It's only because I'm an
electricalengineer that I decided to pass over this and try to fix the problem
: I thought it was only some nasty oldie illness. It's not : it's a common
engineeringflaw, from the beginning of the bike's life.Well, I understand that
I can create some desillusion among nighthawk lovers who
 thought they had found the best ever engineered bike in the world. I'm sorry
guys and gulls, but you must swallow the tennis ball. Yourbike is fantastic (me
too, I love it), but it has a problem and unless this problem is fixed, you
can't use it by hot days and/or in traffic jams (I assume everybody must ride