I put a Corbin Seat on my '83 650, Best upgrade I have made to the
bike, it has doubled my riding time between rest stops. The poor man's
solution is to remove the seat and carefully remove its cover, add
another layer of foam on the front side of the seat to build that area
up and then re-stretch and fasten the original cover. It doesn't look
or work as good as a Corbin seat but it works well enough in
addressing this issue.