clean the ground wire cnnection? just a suggestion. im no electrician.
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Paul 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:24 AM
  Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Lights/Battery/Charging System


  Welcome to the group Dustin!! Good to have you on board.

  I'll let the real mechanics respond to your questions.

  Paul





  On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 7:02 PM, dustin-t <[email protected]> wrote:


    Hello all,

    I've had a look around and I can tell I am going to be visiting this
    forum VERY often with all the good info. Anyway, it seems someone here
    can probably point be in the right direction, which I would very much
    appreciate...

    I just bought my first bike, an 83 Nighthawk 550. Mechanically it
    seems very solid, runs and starts right up (with a full charge). The
    strange stuff is with the lights/charging.

    With a fresh charge, BEFORE I start the bike I am getting all lights
    (blinkers, headlight, brake light, everything). However, after I start
    the bike I am getting nothing but a headlight and neutral light, and
    occasionally the horn.

    The other night, I fired her up and had nothing, and then after 10+
    minutes at idle with full to half choke, I suddenly got everything
    back. However, that hasn't been repeated and I can't seem to get
    lights again while the bike is running, even after a couple miles
    around the block. Instead, after two miles the battery was totally
    dead and the bike wouldn't even turn over.

    I've been taking the battery out and recharging it, and have it setup
    now for the night.

    I really appreciate any suggestions for troubleshooting! I'll keep you
    informed of progress...

    Thanks,
    Dustin





  

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to