I purchase Chase Harper Euro Line European Tour (ET) 4000 saddle bags for my 1982 650 and 1996 750 (http://www.chaseharper.com/SaddleBags/ SaddleBags.htm) and used them for a recent tour on both nighthawks. 5 hour ride to the airport on the 750 and 3 day ride on the 650 then back home on the 750.
I just set them across the top of the seat and they were well above the exhaust. No problems what so ever and had plenty of space for rain gear and my riding jacket when I was on the plane. I just carried the bags and my helmet in a helmet bag - no checked luggage. I could have run the straps under the seat on the 750 but sense it was only one day didn't think it was worth it. They are far enough back on both bikes so that you are not sitting on the straps anyway. They would be very close on the 650 if you ran them under the seat but again they sit far enough back that it's not a problem. Ride every day you can - you won't be able to some day. Sean --~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~ You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en -~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---
