Ever since I bought my 2003 750 Nighthawk (1.5 years ago at 6400
miles), It's had an intermittent valve noise. It now has over 10,000,
and after two oil changes it hasn't gotten worst or better. It's odd
to me because It doesn't seem to be related to how warm or cold the
motor is. Sometimes it appears after riding a few minutes rather than
right after starting. It isn't loud but it definately happens almost
every ride. It does seem to vanish after a lengthy 20 minutes or more.
The real interesting and possibly tell-tale thing, is that at idle it
disappears if I lean the bike to the left, but continues upright. I
haven't been real concerned because i understand it can be normal on a
cold engine, but sometimes it appears after a few minutes of riding
and maybe it's time I address the issue.

Is it an oil circulation issue? These bikes have self adjusting valves
right? Should I be concerned?Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dennis Yankfroggy Farez