Was it 6 volt or 12?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: stanley/ Randolph
  To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 25, 2009 3:17 PM
  Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Starter motor problems

  Reminds me of when I was living in Seattle and had a '53 Cadillac.  When I
got it back from a transmission shop they had stolen my new battery and put
their old weak one in it.  I also parked my old Caddy on an incline and would
push it to begin the coast and it would start at about 5 mph.   I only had to
drop it in second and wait...
  That was my first car and it was awesome:  27 mpg and air conditioning and
automatic and all the other happy amenities they stuck on them.  It had a
generator, not an alternator.

  Stanley