From: larch <larch91...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Seized 85 Nighthawk 450
To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, October 19, 2009, 10:33 PM

Hello, everybody.

I have been riding a 92 Nighthawk 250 for over one year.  After years
of non-riding, my plan was start with a smaller bike, then once I
trust my abilities, to a medium, then larger.

I was in market for a 450, by accident, I was in some guys back yard.
He asked me if I would be interested in the 'hawk'.  He showed me,
under 8 yrs of leaves and debris, the m/c.  He told me it just needed
a battery and it should start.  Less than $200, I thought I stole it.
Brought it home, bought the battery and nothing.  Seized motor, I
spent a week trying most of the tricks (WD40, Mistery oil, etc) .
Well, I thought, nothing to lose I'll just take the head off.  But
with a seized motor, the head cannot be remove (unless maybe if the
cam chain is cut?). is this engine a goner, anyway to save it?  I
thought of 'parting' thru ebay, but seems like there is not much of a
demand for cb parts (prices are low). What are your thoughts?  Thank
you and GO ANGELS