Spend the extra dough.  It'll be worth it.   As someone who used to
maintain chains in the days before O-ring chains were invented, you
wouldn't catch me using a standard chain ever again.

  The O-ring chain has its lube already sealed in the rollers.  That
means you just have to use a light lube or wax on the exterior of the
chain occasionally.  Since the rollers are never in an
"unlubed" condition (which can often be the case on standard chains),
they tend to last a lot longer too.   Standard chains must constantly
be soaked with a heavy lube that will penetrate
to the rollers.  That also means you'll have gooey lube flying off the
chain all over everything in the vicinity of the chain.  That heavy
lube also attracts lots of dirt, which means you'll have
to clean the crud off the chain much more often.

  Since they wear faster, standard chains also need adjustment much
more frequently.

  My last O-ring chain went 24K miles and was adjusted 3 times in that
interval and I never needed to clean it (used a light silicone lube
that didn't attract dirt).  Back when I used standard chains, I
averaged about 12K miles to a chain and had to do an adjustment about
every thousand miles.

  In my opinion,  the O-ring chain has made the hassle of chain
maintenance almost non-existent.  Well worth the extra bucks.

John G.