The clamping type cruise control is called a Vista Cruise and it will
fit on the older bikes. I have one on my '83 650 Nighthawk now and had
one on the '83 650 back when it was new. They work well to give you
that little break on those long runs. I use one on my current Sport/
Tour as well. Helps with the 500 milers. Crampbusters are helpfull as
well but don't afford the ability to remove your hand to stretch it
out while underway.

~Tim