From: Stephen D'Auria <jamminje...@hotmail.com>
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Sent: Sun, February 7, 2010 1:03:55 AM
Subject: RE: [Nighthawk Lovers] Question 1991-2003 CB750 Clutch

 Expected mileage for kevlar? In my research all I can find are the words "long
lasting". Off the bat we know it is not going to last as long as OEM steel. The
life of a clutch also depends a great deal on the rider and application.
Considering I got 23k out of my OEM clutch I think 10-15 is probably a
reasonable expectation??? The truth is nothing on the market is as durable as
steel plates but there are a ton of materials that will grab better. I believe
kevlar is the most durable as well as heat resistant of these alternate
materials.

It should make for a more aggressive clutch but I hope not too aggressive.
We'll find out soon enough. Like I said I see nothing but good reviews on this
KG stuff and it is nice to hear you've heard good things about them too Dennis.
I hope this works really well because those plates are only $50. If it works
great for that price I'll happily change them every 5k if I had to.