Which of twenty subjects do you want to address first ? Not all at once. Too
much at one time.

________________________________
From: Judith Icasiano <jicasi...@yahoo.com>
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thu, February 11, 2010 4:56:24 PM
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] lowering 1986 honda nighthawk

I appreciate the comments I had before.  I did buy a Clymer manual 334 for
honda bikes.  It is for the twin cams etc.  I found my 1986 model in there and
looked at the trouble shooting part.  It does talk about checking the timing if
bike loses power at 6000 rpms>  I also saw on Pauls website an article about
the nighthawks down through the years.  I think 1986 was last of the nighthawks
made.  It said one of the things with the 1986 that when you got up to 60-65
mph it lost power and you had to double shift to pass anyone or the area in
front of car you wanted to pass was like Texas acres.  I think if the Hond
place where we have this has a technician who worked on these when they came
out he should have known that.  We are bringing bike back to house.  Can anyone
advise kit or drections on how to lower my bike?  What happens to rest of bike
when you do that?  Do you change shocks etc to accommodate the lowered bike.
As a beginner I am just now trying
 to find out these kind of things.  The guy at Honda said something about
tweaking bike when I got it home.  Believe me I do not know how to tweak it nor
does my husband.  I am very willing to learn.  What kind of tools do I need.  I
would think I would need to have some one knowledgeable bout motorcycles in
order to help me learn this stuff.  I can read a book and understand but being
shown is a way of learning too.  Sorry to ramble.  Just anxious to get started.

When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.