I did that on my '81 CM 400 when I did a bunch of other "customizing"
It worked for that project, but mainly because that is sort of a play/
rat bike/bobber style. (i.e. my style that I don't care what anyone
else says)  For my nighthawk I want to stay a bit more professional
quality looking and the heat paint doesn't quite do it for me...

Take a look on youtube Flyinhigh5 is my screenname...I have a few
videos of both my nighthawk and my 400...you won't see updates to it
till juneish when I get back stateside...

-Dale

On Mar 11, 6:43 am, Jeff Rumer <[email protected]> wrote:
> If you find a chrome one, Then you can always paint it with heat resistant 
> paint. I found 16oz cans of 1500 degree paint for about $8 a can once.  
> Powder coating works really well also but pretty pricey
>
> Jeff Rumer
> (Magilla)
>  
>
> --- On Wed, 3/10/10, Dominick <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> From: Dominick <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: 4 into 1 exhaust
> To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]>
> Date: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 5:52 PM
>
> Dale,
>
> Early last year we paid $400.00 for an 84 650 & put a MAC megaphone
> style chrome 4 into one on it. Approx 250.00 last year now closer to
> 300.00. I have not seen it in black but I don't like the canister look
> or expense. The welding was good, chrome quality was OK & in afew
> years I might scuff then paint it black. When researched I found MAC's
> been in the inline 4 business along time. With patience was able to
> install by myself, better price than finding good stock exhaust, 10 to
> 15lbs less weight & bike hops pretty good. Scares my dog when we
> remove the baffles though...   Redhawk jpeg in the pictues history
> will show the pipes installed.
>
> Dom
> RPM4HIM
>
> On Mar 9, 1:27 pm, Dale <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I'm looking for a black 4 into 1 exhaust for my '83 650SC...I also
> > don't want to spend a fortune.  Does anyone know of a good place that
> > I can order it?  Also i have seen many very similar looking 4 into 1
> > systems, how can I ensure I order the right one the first time?  Does
> > anyone have a V&H part number or something that might help me out?
> > thanks for the help.
>
> > -Dale
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group 
> athttp://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to