Crimp on ring terminal.. Its pourpse is exactly that, and takes less time
-----Original Message-----
Date: Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:13:28 pm
To: "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <[email protected]>
From: "Icarus" <[email protected]>
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Turn signal buzzes and blinks rapidly

Yup. When you ground it to the frame, don't just tape it to bare metal
(might work for a few weeks but it won't last). find a bolt or screw
threading into the frame and ground it there. I'd solder the ground
wire to the edge of a washer and put the bold through it.

On May 24, 5:28 pm, Tim Jacobs <[email protected]> wrote:
> I downed my 83 CB550 nighthawk the other day and in the process
> managed to break off my left rear turn signal stem (it has a metal
> stem that sheered off, unlike the rubber ones for the front blinkers).
> Right after the fall I couldn't get the blinker to turn on. However, I
> was just playing with it in the garage and I can get the signal to
> light up and blink when I hold it in certain positions (as I
> mentioned, the stem is broken so the thing is just dangling right
> now). Even when it does seem to be working correctly it still blinks
> more rapidly than it should, as if a bulb is out or something. And
> when the blinker is held in a position so that the blinker *doesn't*
> work the bike makes a buzzing noise when I turn that signal on.
>
> I took my seat off and tried to make sure that all the wires were
> connected securely. Any ideas?
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group 
> athttp://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.



-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to