This past spring I bought another 700-S Nighthawk,a nd finally got it
delivered a few weeks ago. Bike has only 5K miles on it, and obviously
spent most its life sitting in a garage in North Carolina. The person
I bought it from, bought it off the original owner, and then sent it
to a Honda Dealer to have LOTS of things done to it (invoice was
around 2G), including: tires, fluids, tune -up, as well as complete
carb overhaul w/ many new carb parts...

Bike was only ridden around the block after that, and then he sold it
to me a few months later. Bike sat for another few months until I had
it shipped up here to me in Cleveland.

When I fired it up, it barely started (backfired, and ran like crap,
and one cylinder was not firing (cold head pipe when running). I
cleaned plug on dead cylinder, and re-fired, and all 4 were then
running.

Bike will only run with choke all the way on, and will not take any
gas/throttle (stalls instantly if throttle is touched, or choke is
reduced from full choke)

I figured carbs had already gummed up (or got dirt in them), but
decided to try SEAFOAM, since everyone here has good things to say
about it. I put an entire can of Seafoam into tank, and have ran bike
several times in the past 2 weeks, to get the  Seafoam into the carbs,
and hopefully do some good.

Bike still barely runs, and Seafoam doesn't seem to have made any
difference. I have never used Seafoam, and am wondering if it works
quickly, or needs to be in there for many weeks/months before results
can be seen??

   Anyone got any other ideas, other than pulling the carbs off, and
going thru them again??
Thanks! Joe