My 92 NH and I just completed a 1900 mi, Florida to North Carolina run to
ride the (in)famous Dragon, A.K.A. Rt. 129 at Deal's Gap. That's the road
with 318 curves in 11 miles.

My fellow riders were on two Goldwings and an ST1300, and I'm happy to
report the NH kept up with them no problem, including hours of 80 MPH
cruising, climbing hills as high as 5,000 feet, and delightful days of  defying
gravity and centrifugal force on the mountain roads. Plus it got over 50  MPG
on
average. Not bad for a 19 year-old veteran with about 102K miles.

I'd recommend this trip to anyone, with the note that the Dragon itself is
technical, but not that hard. We even did it both ways for good measure and
I  finished the run just seconds behind a hotshot kneedragger on  a Ducati.
 Rt. 28 approaching the Dragon is far more scenic  and interesting, as is
the Blue Ridge Parkway and Rt 19 out of Maggie  Valley where we stayed.   If
you go, dress warm. Temps in early  October were in the low 40s.  Quite a
shock for a thin-skinned  Floridian!

Here's a foto of us doing the ride, taken by one of the pro photographers
who shoot you going by and sell you the pic afterwards:

_http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK00TA021256&po=1256&;
pc=2422_
(http://www.photoreflect.com/store/Orderpage.aspx?pi=0QAK00TA021256&po=1256&pc=2422)

Jay S