I was out riding my CD175 late one night last fall, with all 6 volts/25W
headlight shining the way and the motor screaming to keep the bike at 100
km/h. I came around a corner and there in the middle of the road was an
adult porcupine. I swerved to the right to avoid hitting it head on and
instead it passed into/under my left boot. My foot peg, left boot, and sole
were full of quills, but the steel toe stopped the quills from finding any
flesh. A very close call for me and the porcupine.