I would also like to add that when you are group leader you are supposed to set the pace for the slowest rider. So if you're partner isn't respecting that and is loosing you then you might want to find someone else to ride with. Group rides aren't supposed to be about tearing up the roads, you can best do that solo. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
-----Original Message----- From: Elk <[email protected]> Sender: [email protected] Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 16:27:03 To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!<[email protected]> Reply-To: [email protected] Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: appropriate following distance? I actually did take the MSF, the one by Apex. I did a lot of parking lot practice and the dreaded "Box" u-turn exercises on my own (I can now do 15 ft u-turns in an 18 ft by 20 something box whenever I want. :D U-turns officially mastered.) Most of my riding has been on neighborhood or not so busy roads with my dad. The downshifting I wasn't sure on. Thank you. On Nov 21, 5:27 pm, surfswab <[email protected]> wrote: > This is so important, I'll say it twice -- always...always ride within > your own comfort level -- not someone else's. > > You don't mention whether you've had any formal training. If not, I'd > strongly recommend a MSF (Motorcycle Safety Foundation) course to > build the basic skills and knowledge you need for open road riding. > > It's the surest and quickest way to acquire good riding habits, as > opposed to discovering (maybe too late) that you've developed some > self-taught bad ones. > Your practice sessions need to take place off-road in a controlled > environment until then. > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected]. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected]. For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
