Loose chain too.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Kelley <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 09:48:45
To: <[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: changing cam chain
I'm with Javier on this one - I've had excessive vibration
(particularly on the 450 NH) because of a bad spark plug - or a
clogged up carb - anything that would cause a misfiring cylinder can
cause excessive vibration.
-Joey
On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:42 AM, Javier Garcia <[email protected]> wrote:
> Fabiamino,
>
> I still don't quite understand what is the problem. Could you be more
> specific with respect to what is going on with the bike? I mean, what are
> the symptoms here?
> Perhaps we can give you a better opinion.
>
> Javier.
>
> On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 9:26 AM, fabiamino <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> this is from honda service manual : excessive vibration is caused by
>> loose engine mounting hardware or a faulty "balancer system".
>>
>> On 15 Apr, 15:02, "Allen Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > Balancer? I am unaware of our bikes having one of those. They are
>> > internally balanced and counter weighted. I would check with another shop,
>> > sounds like he is trying to trick you.
>> > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > -----Original Message-----
>> > From: fabiamino <[email protected]>
>> >
>> > Sender: [email protected]
>> > Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 23:57:31
>> > To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!<[email protected]>
>> > Reply-To: [email protected]
>> > Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: changing cam chain
>> >
>> > Thank you all for your replies. I must say that the bike is in fair
>> > condition. the problem is not to repair. The first problem is to Have
>> > confidence with the mechanic. He says the problem is the cam chain,
>> > but it might just be the tensioner and I'll never know. The second
>> > problem is that, by opening the engine, could be brought to light
>> > other problems and I do not know if I can bear the cost. I did not say
>> > that I have a problem with balancer and the mechanic tells me that
>> > would solve that too. in short, is a bad dilemma. but I must say that
>> > I love my nighthawk and I would like to try a lot of emotions with
>> > her. Thanks to all
>> >
>> > On 15 Apr, 02:49, "Allen Thomas" <[email protected]> wrote:
>> > > Hi Fabio, why does he think you need to change the cam chain? Are
>> > > there severe rattling noises coming from the motor? Usually people only
>> > > know
>> > > they are bad when they break. 50000Km is only like 20000 miles and a bad
>> > > cam
>> > > chain at that low mileage is unheard of. Besides even if there is chain
>> > > noise there should be a tensioner you could adjust.
>> > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
>> >
>> > > -----Original Message-----
>> > > From: fabiamino <[email protected]>
>> >
>> > > Sender: [email protected]
>> > > Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 12:19:58
>> > > To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!<[email protected]>
>> > > Reply-To: [email protected]
>> > > Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] changing cam chain
>> >
>> > > hi, i'm fabio . i have a honda cb450sc (1985) i need help because my
>> > > mechanic say that i have to change the cam chain and he want to do
>> > > this 500€ (720$). do you think it's a right request for this work? My
>> > > hawk have 50000km. thank you
>> >
>> > > --
>> > > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > > Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> > > To post to this group, send email to
>> > > [email protected].
>> > > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > > [email protected].
>> > > For more options, visit this group
>> > > athttp://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>> >
>> > --
>> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google
>> > Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> > [email protected].
>> > For more options, visit this group
>> > athttp://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>
>> --
>> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
>> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
>> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
>> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
>> [email protected].
>> For more options, visit this group at
>> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>>
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
--
-Joey Kelley
JoeyKelley.com - My Life Online
JoeyFixesComputers.com - Its What I Do!
JoeyKelleyPhoto.com - Photographing Today, For Tomorrow
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.