I'm out in the garage right now working on my bike (which appears to have lost cylinders 3-4 over the winter).

The book says two things for you
1. Engine lacks power and overheats - Cause: Retarded ignition timing due to ATU failure. Remedy - Check ATU. 2. Engine "Fades" while under load - Cause: Pre-ignition. Remedy - Check grades of plugs fitted. Use recommended grades of plugs only.

Sounds like it could be the second one - engine is overheating and pre igniting which kills power (and crankshafts). Check your plugs that they match the recommendation. My book says: NGK of Nippon Denso (ND); models: D8EA/DR8ES or X24ES-U/ X24ESR-U.

 - JO